KinshipOhio | hosted by Public Children Services Association of Ohio






Butler County Kinship Navigator Program is dedicated to supporting relative and other kin caregivers. We will assist you in determining your eligibility for financial assistance and healthcare coverage for children in your care, as well as possible other assistance.

Other assistance includes: help with clothing, connections to social services, newsletters, support groups, infant massage class, help with car seats, advocacy at Pre-trial for custody, discounted Zoo memberships.

Contact Information

Butler County Help Me Grow
Melissa Ruffner, IAIM, Kinship Navigator
1910 Fairgrove Ave., Suite D
Hamilton, Ohio 45011
Office Hours: 8a.m. - 4p.m.
1-800-341-3025 Fax: 513-785-6852

county resources

  • Butler County Job and Family Services (BCJFS) - BCJFS takes walk in applications Monday thru Friday from 7:30am-11:30am.  You can apply for child-only OWF and Medicaid.  Your household income does not count towards these programs. You must have custody papers or be able to prove blood relationship.

    You may also apply for Food Stamps and for Child Care Assistance at BCJFS.  However, you will need to verify your household income. You can apply at these locations:       

    •  315 High St., 8th floor, Hamilton, Ohio 45011, (513) 887-4000, (800) 582-4267

    • 1021 Central Ave., Middletown, Ohio 45044, (513) 425-8653
  •  WIC (Women, Infants, Children) - WIC provides coupons for formula, milk, cereal, juice and other items for children ages newborn to 5 year of age.  You need to have custody papers.  You can call WIC to schedule an appointment.
    • 210 S. Second St., 2nd Floor, Hamilton, Ohio 45011, (513)896-7022
    • 930 Ninth Ave., Middletown, Ohio, 45044, (513-705-9040
  • Family Connections - Family Connections has a clothing and furniture depot.  You can contact Family Connections to make an appointment Mon-Fri  10am-5pm.   If you are caring for children with an open Children Services case, you will need to give the case name. 
    • 190 N. Brookwood Ave., Hamilton, Ohio 45015, (513) 785-6250
  • Butler County Help Me Grow Help Me Grow serves families pre-natal to age 3.  They offer developmental assessment of your child and eligibility determination for Early Intervention service.    A personal Service Coordinator will come to your home.
    • 1910 Fairgrove Ave., Suite D, Hamilton, Ohio 45011, (513)785-6881, (800) 341-3025

hosted by
Public Children Services Association of Ohio
Phone: 614-224-5802



KinshipOhio l Questions, please e-mail us: